Friday, July 13, 2012

Grilled 7-Up Chicken!?

In keeping up with my must actually try the pins I pin to my Pinterest boards, I tried another new recipe this evening that was pinned to my Recipes Board.

I was slightly puzzled and also very intrigued at this recipe, as it is called Grilled 7-Up Chicken. I don't know about you, but when I think of chicken, I don't really think of pop(It's NOT soda, it's pop, kthanks).

What came out for the end result was a nice, juicy yet crisp piece of chicken that tasted buttery and just plain delicious, with not even a hint of lemon-lime flavor.

Grilled 7-Up Chicken





I made a few adaptations, as the Original Pinterest Recipe called for Horseradish(which I've honestly never had. I know, I know.) & also said to use REGULAR Sprite/7-Up as opposed to Diet.  In order to save on a few calories and sugar, I was rebellious and used Sprite Zero.

Here's what you'll need for my version:


This was SO tasty.  I served mine with a little side of Brown Rice, but it would be fantastic with some roasted potatoes, or even used as a chicken on a big ole delicious salad.

This chicken will not disappoint, as it is succulent and very flavorful! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment